Masterbatch is a new type of special colorant for polymer materials. This superior coloring performance, energy saving, no dust, no pollution, is widely used in polyethylene, polypropylene, polystyrene, ABS, nylon, PC, PMMA , PET and other resins, produced colorful fibers, clothing, daily-use plastics, wires and cables, household appliances, agricultural films, auto parts and other products.
The color masterbatch is composed of excess chemical additives, carrier resin and dispersant. Color masterbatch is an aggregate obtained by uniformly loading a super-constant amount of pigment (dye) in the resin.
The color masterbatch is mainly composed of pigment, dispersant and carrier resin. The masterbatch technology process is very strict, and the generally used masterbatch technology is a wet process. The color masterbatch is made by water phase grinding, phase inversion, water washing, drying, and granulation. Only in this way can the product quality be guaranteed.
In addition, while the pigment is being ground, a series of masterbatch technology tests should be carried out, such as measuring the fineness of the sand slurry, measuring the diffusion performance of the sand slurry, measuring the solid content of the sand slurry, and measuring the fineness of the color slurry, etc. project.
Six benefits of using color masterbatch:
1. Make the pigment have better dispersibility in the product. The pigment must be refined during the production process of the color masterbatch to improve the dispersibility and tinting power of the pigment. The carrier of the special color masterbatch is the same as the plastic of the product, and it has good matching. After heating and melting, the pigment particles can be well dispersed in the product plastic.
2. It is beneficial to maintain the chemical stability of the pigment. If the pigment is used directly, the pigment will absorb water and oxidize due to the direct contact with the air during storage and use. After the color masterbatch is made, the resin carrier combines the pigment with air, Moisture isolation can keep the quality of the pigment unchanged for a long time.
3. Ensure that the stable color of the product is similar to the resin particles. It is more convenient and accurate in measurement. It will not stick to the container during mixing. The mixing with the resin is also more uniform. Therefore, the stability of the addition amount can be ensured. Stability of product color.
4. Protect the health of operators. Pigments are generally in powder form, which are easy to fly when added and mixed. After being inhaled by the human body, they will affect the health of operators.
5. Keep the environment clean.
6. Easy to use Because the color masterbatch and the resin particles are similar in shape, it is more convenient and accurate in measurement, and will not stick to the container during mixing, so it saves the time of cleaning the container and the machine and the raw materials used for the cleaning machine.