PVC, PE, PP, PS, and ABS are collectively called the five general plastics. Below we mainly understand the characteristics and uses of PVC.
Features of PVC:
1) White amorphous powder or white particles
2) Excellent chemical resistance and chemical stability
3) Good flame retardancy and self-extinguishing
4) Thermoplasticity and good electrical insulation
5) Can swell or dissolve in ether, ketone, and aromatic hydrocarbon
6) Insoluble in water, alcohol, gasoline
Uses of PVC
1. The use of rigid PVC
1) Profiles: such as doors and windows, etc.
2) Pipe materials: such as agricultural water pipes, sewer pipes, etc.
3) Plates and sheets: such as furniture, packaging, etc.
4) Injection molded products: such as joints, valves, etc.
5) Blow molded products: such as bottles, packaging containers, etc.
6) Semi-hard products: such as interior decoration materials, etc.
2. Uses of soft PVC
1) Electronic materials: such as wires, cables, tapes, etc.
2) Blown film: such as agricultural film, packaging materials, etc.
3) Calendered products: special agricultural film, industrial film, packaging material, raincoat, artificial leather, leather, luggage, wallpaper, floor tiles, etc.
4) Extrusion molding products: plugs, rain boots, shoe soles, etc.
5) Injection molded products: plugs, rain boots, shoe soles, etc.
6) Plasticized paste processing products: resin lining plastic, portraits, toys, coating materials, etc.
It can be seen from the above that PVC plays an important role in life and industry, but the whitening problem of white PVC has always plagued manufacturers. The whitening products on the market mainly include pigments, titanium dioxide and whitening agents.
SHANDONG RAYTOP CHEMICAL is one of the main manufacturers of Optical brighteners in China. Our main products include plastic optical brighteners, detergent optical brighteners, printing and dyeing optical brighteners and paper optical brighteners. We mainly recommend optical brightener OB-1 and FP-127 as plastic optical brighteners for PVC.
Optical Brightener OB-1
Chemical Name:2.2’-(4.4’-diphenol vinyl) dibenzoxazol
Uses:Mainly be used in whitening of polyester and plastic, as well in
whitening of Nylon during polymerization.
For whitening of polyester and nylon; also used in ABS, PS,PVC, HIPS, PA, PC, PP, PE,PET,EVA, PVC, etc.
Rate of use: (per 1000kg of substrate) Polyester: 75-300g EVA, PP, nylon: 75-200g
Package25kg per fiber drum
Optical Brightening Agent FP-127 (CBS-127)
Appearance:slight yellow powder
Maximum UV Spectrum Absorption:359nm
Uses:Mainly be used in whitening of plastics such as PVC,PS,ABS,TPR,etc.
Package:25kg per fiber drum